Euro-Peristat Perinatal Health Indicators 2010
Definitions for each of the indicators and the methodological issues to keep in mind whilst analyzing them are described in our report.
We ask that you:
- Carefully read the methodology section of our report as well as the page for each indicator in order to be aware of the strengths and limits of these indicators. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Cite our project in your presentations and publications: "Euro-Peristat project with SCPE and Eurocat. European Perinatal Health Report. The health and care of pregnant women and babies in Europe in 2010. May 2013"
- Provide feedback on how you use the indicators.
By following these guidelines, you will contribute to the promotion of high quality perinatal health reporting in Europe.
Detailed data tables from EPHR2010
- C1: Fetal mortality rate by gestational age, birth weight, and plurality
- C2: Neonatal mortality rate by gestational age, birth weight, and plurality
- C3: Infant mortality rate by gestational age, birth weight, and plurality
- C4: Birth weight distribution by vital status, gestational age, and plurality
- C5: Distribution of gestational age by vital status and plurality
- C6: Maternal mortality ratio
- C7: Multiple birth rate by number of fetuses
- C8: Distribution of maternal age
- C9: Distribution of parity
- C10: Mode of delivery by parity, plurality, presentation, previous caesarean section and gestational age
- R1: Prevalence of selected congenital anomalies (not available)
- R2: Distribution of Apgar score at 5 minutes
- R3: Fetal and neonatal deaths due to congenital anomalies
- R4: Prevalence of cerebral palsy (not available)
- R5: Maternal mortality ratio by cause of death
- R6: Incidence of severe maternal morbidity
- R7: Incidence of tears to the perineum
- R8: Percentage of women who smoked during pregnancy
- R9: Distribution of mothers' educational level
- R10: Distribution of parents' occupational classification (not available)
- R11: Distribution of mothers' country of birth
- R12: Distribution of mothers' prepregnancy body mass index (BMI)
- R13: Percentage of all pregnancies following treatment for subfertility
- R14: Distribution of timing of first antenatal visit
- R15: Distribution of births by mode of onset of labour
- R16: Distribution of place of birth by volume of deliveries
- R17: Percentage of very preterm infants delivered in units without a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- R18: Episiotomy rate
- R19: Births without obstetric intervention (not available)
- R20: Percentage of infants breast fed at birth