Sharing national data and reporting
Many European countries routinely publish reports based on data from their perinatal health information systems. They include recent data on maternal and child health outcomes as well as useful commentary about trends over time and risk factors for poor health. Some recent reports are highlighted below (click on title to access report).
- Perinatal activity in Flanders 2011
Perinatale activiteiten in Vlaanderen 2011
- Cyprus public maternity units : Perinatal Health Indicators for years 2007-2009
Health Monitoring Unit. Republic of Cyprus, Ministry of Health
- Perinatal health reports on births and newborns, assisted fertility treatments, induced abortions and sterilizations and congenital malformations in Finland are available from the National Institute for Health and Welfare.
A report on perinatal statistics in the Nordic countries is also available.
- The French National Perinatal Surveys monitor the main indicators of health, medical practice and risk factors during the perinatal period.The last two surveys were conducted in 2003 and 2010.
Report of the National Expert Committee on Maternal Mortality (CNEMM), France, 2001-2006.
- Perinatal Statistics Report 2010
Health Research and Information Division, The Economic & Social Research Institute
- Surveillance de la santé périnatale au Luxembourg 2001-2003
Alkerwi A., Couffignal S., Differding-Gengler M., Guedes E., Lair M-L., Molitor D., Rott , C., Schanck J-M., Wagener Y., Weber G., Wibrin G., 2009, Ed. Ministère de la Santé.
- Surveillande de la santé périnatale au Luxembourg: évolution de 2001 à 2011
Ministère de la santé et CRP-Santé, Centre de Recherche Public
- Scottish Perinatal and Infant Mortality and Morbidity Report 2010
Information Services Division, NHS Scotland, NHS Quality Improvement Scotland (NHS QIS), Reproductive Health Programme Edinburgh 2010
- Scottish Perinatal and Infant Mortality and Morbidity Report 2011
Information Services Division and the Reproductive Health Programme of Healthcare Improvement Scotland, NHS National Services Scotland with collaboration from the NRS, National Records of Scotland